Solo Learning provides technology assistance to a wide range of companies. While assessing the features of a learning management system is an important step in selecting one. A successful implementation requires research into both features and functionality.
Specify your required features before approaching potential vendors. Similarly, prepare questions regarding available learning management system features to consider.
Technology Assistance: Common Questions for LMS Vendors
- Is there a limit on the number of users the system can manage? If so, how many?
- What options are available for the LMS regarding hosting? Are their options available for the client to host directly or for the vendor to host?
- Is the learning management system AICC & SCORM compliant?
- Does the LMS offer third party integration with other applications?
- Will the system operate on all of the popular web browsers? Furthermore, will it work on their mobile versions?
- What type of reporting features are available?
- Is there a limit on the number of custom fields available within the system?
- What types of web room functions are available?
- Are their available bridges for the LMS and CRM software (for example PeopleSoft)?
- Are their multiple security roles for users (for example Super User vs. Read Only user)?
- What types of resource management tools are available?
- How customizable is the LMS catalog?
- Does the LMS have a robust scheduling system?
- Does the LMS have a standard implementation training plan?
- Is branding of the LMS customizable?
- What support options are available? Specifically, what is the cost of each option?
- Does the LMS offer chat rooms and message boards? At what levels are chats available (site and class level for example)?
- Does the LMS support for RSS feeds?
- Is the creation of surveys and polls available?
- Are there options available on the length of contract for the LMS?
- What are the standard tools, features, and utilities of the LMS?
Of course this is not an exhaustive list, and not every question applies to every client.